Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31, 2010

It's Sunday afternoon, Patrick is still in his pajamas, and the house is a wreck. There are dishes piling in the sink, countless loads of laundry that need to be tackled, and bathrooms that need to be cleaned. Adam is sitting next to me, working on his laptop, and I just finished writing a nutritional assessment for a fictitious patient. After this, it's haircuts, maybe a pop-in visit to Aunt Leeney, Patrick and Gavin's birthday dinner, and then back home for some dosage calculations, vital signs reports, pharmacology, and more work for Adam. Sometimes, I feel as though we don't stop. Maybe because we really don't. Here's the truth, though...everything will get done. We always see that it does. We're used to this way of life, so I really am not complaining. In two years (less, actually), this will all be behind us. In the meantime, we're enjoying what little time we do have, even if it's sharing popcorn and some reality television at 3am, as was the case very early this morning. It's a good thing we're happy...I think I'd be describing an entirely different situation if we weren't. What's is wonderfully nice is the appreciation that we have for each other, and I think that we're both trying our hardest to show it to each other at the moment, just as not to lose sight of our overall goals. The niceties in this house overfloweth.

As we were up so very late last night, we got to talking about baby names, something we had kind of avoided up until now. I have an ongoing list, but very few are names we'll actually use. We have a couple of very solid boy names, so I think we're non-verbally choosing not to mess with those. However, we are/were very weak on the girl names...until just a few hours ago! I feel pretty confident that we have two very solid girl names as well, one a little more unusual than the other, but both traditional (of course) in the sense that they aren't made-up names or weird celebrity-esque names. I feel good about them, saying them over and over again in my head and writing them down on paper to see what they look like. I don't think we're disclosing them at the moment, though. Sorry.

I should probably hop in the shower. I still need to work on getting some belly progress photos. Those will get done, too.

Patrick's birthday is in a week, and there will certainly be photos posted for that. Furthermore, Valentine's Day is just a week after that, and I'm strangely excited about it. We don't do much, just order mass quantities of take-out, sometimes from several different places, and watch movies with a bottle of wine or some fancy beers. (Maybe the wine and beers will be cut out for me this year, but I'll make up for it with a tasty dessert...or two.)

PS-Still no elliptical action. My back has become somewhat of an issue. We invested in a heating pad on Friday night, after I literally could not walk to the kitchen, and that has helped out enormously. I hope to get back into the swing of it in a few days. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...