Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

How do holiday weekends possess the unique ability to pass even faster than regular weekends, despite the additional day(s)? I am not a fan.

I had an exceptionally long weekend, having started last Thursday and ending tonight, just in time to get up at 4am tomorrow and start on a long day of clinicals. Have I mentioned I do not like clinicals? If not, let's be clear on this: I. Do. Not. Like. Clinicals. Don't get me wrong, I understand the reasoning behind them. I do not protest going and try not to complain. In short, however, it's a very long day of feeling overwhelmingly unsure of oneself, constantly second-guessing every word that comes out of your mouth or every action that you are expected to take. It wears me out. I have just over a year left of clinicals, though, so at least I know they don't last forever. Or I hope not. I hear that a "real job" in the field is quite different. Here is to hoping.

I had every intention of spending the weekend studying, and I did get a fair amount of work done. Adam and Patrick left for our friend's lakehouse on Friday night, but I missed them, so I packed up Saturday night and took off to join them. Sadly, by the time I got there, Patrick was already in bed and Adam was on his way, so Katie and I stayed up far past our bedtime with a bottle of wine (which was at that point fairly unnecessary) and set forth to catch up on the past few weeks that we have been apart. It took some time. Apparently, a lot of time. Just now, two days later, I feel rested again. I am not as young as I used to be. It was a good way to spend the night, though, and although I am a little backed up on work today, I'm plowing through, catching up so as not to be behind this week. Thankfully, the kids are cooperating and everyone is happy and clean today. That's a good way to start off a week, even if it is Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...