Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I should be doing schoolwork, but I'm taking a little break.  (Won't you be glad when I don't have to mention school again?  Me, too.)  I thought I would update a little about our new and growing baby.

Here we sit at 14.5 weeks, just out of the first trimester, and feeling...well...kind of lousy.  I had a pretty good weekend.  I felt pretty normal!  My appetite came back, I wasn't nearly as tired and I started to think I was out of it.  But it seems as though I'm not.  These headaches bring me down fast, and above any nausea, they are the worst.  Literally, the worst. 

However, I take it all as a sign that the new baby is doing well and growing appropriately.  He/she looks a little like this on the inside: 
I can assure you this is not how I look on the outside.  I'm showing much more than this.  Much.  I'll post a picture eventually.  I'm not huge, by any means, but my belly is big enough that it ellicits several pats throughout the day from just a few people at clinical or the like as we pass in the hallway.  I've been told recently that I have a "glow," which I think may be more like sweat from the nausea.  It could, however, be that I really am excited about this new one.  Really excited.  Maybe I am actually glowing. 

While I don't get to devote a lot of time thinking about him/her, the first thing I do in the morning is roll on my back and rub my belly.  I think about how s/he's doing.  Sometimes, I talk to the baby out loud (in a whisper, so as not to sound too crazy).  The boys, too, have taking a liking to my belly, both wanting to lay on it now.  Maybe they can sense that their sibling is in there...or maybe it just makes for a good pillow.  Either way, I like it. 

Break over, I guess.  Back to the project.  Later, gators.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...