Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I'm not even considered "full-term" yet, but I am so ready to meet this little baby.  More than anything, I cannot wait to see its face for the first time...I'm dying to know what this baby looks like! Patrick and Leo looked so similar in ultrasounds and at birth; I'm anxious to see what similarities this baby has. (Of course, I'm looking forward to delivering a super-cute baby, but even if it ends up looking kind of troll-ish, I won't realize it until (s)he is grown and I look back at pictures. Everyone wins!)

Here are my predictions:

Boy
Born: 10/5/11
Weight: 8lbs, 1 oz
Length: 21"
Blue eyes (genetically, they have to be)
Dark hair, more than the others

Here are Adam's predictions:

Girl
Born: 9/30/11
Weight: 7lbs, 5 oz
Length: 20.5"
Blue eyes
Dark hair, more than the others

In my mind, I picture this one as our peace-maker; our old soul. I anticipate a free-spirited, artistic, opinionated, kind, and quiet person. I could be wrong, but I would imagine that this one will be different from the others, just as they are different in their own rite. (And, though Leo was a nearly-silent baby, we later learned that he was just faking us out for about a year. Well played, Leo.) I have had one good night of contractions thus far, one that made me think it could be our time, but as early contractions go, they fizzled out and went away. I hope that this delivery goes quickly and that everyone comes out healthy. I can't wait to see our Leo baby as a big brother, and Patrick as the bonafide "oldest," further contributing to his already healthy ego, I'm sure. The anticipation is building, my clothes are getting too small, the bed impossibly uncomfortable, and the kitchen more and more organized. Come when you're ready, tiny baby. Your family, and the rest of the world, is ready for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...