Monday, February 6, 2012

Patrick is Four--His Official Interview



  1. Patrick, how old are you today? Four.  You're supposed to say, "How was your birthday?"
  2. How does it feel to be 4? It feels like I'll be four for life.
  3. How was your day? It was good.
  4. What was the weather like? It was a little bit windy, so we didn't go on the playground.
  5. What do you think is the most important thing you’ve learned in life so far? Songs.
  6. How do you think you’re different from a year ago? Three is not old, but four is a little bit old.
  7. What’s your favorite thing about yourself? My feet.
  8. You’re in pre-school now. What do you think of it so far? I like it, but sometimes I want to go home.
  9. Who’s your best friend? You are.
  10. What do you like learning about? I like learning about letters.
  11. Is there anything you’d do make school better? What does that mean?
  12. Tell me about our family. Our family is alive and nice.
  13. What do you like about being a big brother? It’s fun. When I was three, I really wanted to be a big brother.
  14. What is your favorite song? Jingle Bells.
  15. What’s your favorite movie? I think it's Transformers.  Can I watch it?
  16. Okay, do you remember what we did last night? We went to get ribs and cupcakes.  (Note: We did neither of those things.  We went to a Super Bowl party.)
  17. If you had a whole day to do anything you wanted, what would you do? Something that is really awesome, like play and stuff.  That's all.
  18. What’s your favorite toy? Wolverine, but you took him away.  Do you remember that?  (Note: Some toys were taken away last week for bad behavior.  He is in the process of earning them back.)
  19. What do you want to be when you grow up? A daddy.  So awesome.
  20. Do you think you’ll ever get married? Yes.
  21. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married? Probably five years old.
  22. What have you learned about girls this year? What does that mean, Mom?  Does it mean wifes are good?
  23. What’s your favorite food? Black meat and Red Lobster.  (Black meat means any pork or barbecue.)
  24. And your favorite candy? Tootsie Rolls.
  25. Anything you’re scared of? Monsters who take me to see bad dreams.  Well, not now.  I'm four years old.  Four-year-olds are not scared of anything.  We have sense.
  26. Anything else you’d like to say? I love you so much and you're the best.
  27. Can you think of any questions I should have asked but didn’t? You should have asked how much I love you. 
  28. So how much do you love me? So much, but how much do you love me? 
  29. A lot. Anything else? Nope.  Do I have to take a nap now?

1 comment:

  1. Love this! You've motivated me to do the same each year with the boys!

    ReplyDelete

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...