Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...

...Christmas, sort of.  I mean, it would if I would finish my Christmas shopping or start wrapping presents, but the house is decorated (even tiny Patrick has crafted some of his own decorations), lights are up, tree looks great (minus that strand of lights that went out.  It bothered me for a hot minute, but I really don't want to have to re-do the tree to fix it.)

Last week, we took the kids on a Christmas Lights Tour, which included:


A stop at Starbucks for Hot Cocoa...

 Two rounds through Reynold's Farm Equipment...

 And at least half of the Christmas on Victory light show.



 
We also took some time to make a Gingerbread House:





Alas, there are still the "important" things left undone.  Knowing that, I spent the entire day today on the couch with a heating pad and several snuggling babies.  Mind you, Adam is home, so I technically could have finished my to-do list, but

1.) I worked the last four days and am very tired.
2.) I slept on the air mattress a few days ago during a family slumber party and my neck still hurts.
3.) I still feel a wee bit under the weather--leftover from Friday's 24 hour-ish bug
4.) I just cannot get enough of these boys lately.

You'd have to have been under a rock to not know what happened in CT last week.  You'd have to be born without a heart to not be devastated by it.  And, in light of such a tragic event, I feel like I need to spend ample amounts of time with my babies.  I feel a responsibility to make them feel secure and loved and hopeful and to make sure all is right in their tiny little heads. 

Slowing down and taking a day off with the boys was good for the soul.  And these kids, these little babies who have been such a blessing in our lives, are awesome.  Just awesome.

A few things to note:

1.) Leo is doing really well with potty training!  He wants new underwear for Christmas, and really loves the accessibility that said underwear gives him to his favorite toy.  You figure that out. 

2.) Hatch is learning new words.  "Head down" and "Poopie" are two new ones.  So is his name...which he thinks is "Baby."  My fault.

3.) Patrick has turned the corner to big-kid land.  I love to hear him talk.  Sunday night, I got home from work at 1am and climbed up the the top bunk to wake him and convince him to come snuggle with me.  It took him a minute to wake up, but when he did, he was confused.  "What are you doing, Daddy?"  "It's Mommy.  I just want you to come snuggle me.  I can't fall asleep."  He didn't hesitate a second, climbed right down that ladder and said, "Oh, yes.  Of course, of course."

Life at the Waldens is good.  Correction:  It's Merry.  Very Merry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...