Monday, February 11, 2013

That Hatchie Can Talk!

This is the week we move on out and move on up!  That's the great news.  The not-so-great news is that our house is in shambles, every wall is lined at least halfway up with boxes, there are no pictures on the walls or fun things to look at.  It all makes me very uneasy.  (I don't know if I have blogged about this before--probably because it makes me sound crazy--but I get this static in my head when things are disorderly, dusty, or not properly arranged.  It is possible to catch OCD tendencies?  Because it seems as though Adam has unloaded all of his on me.)

I digress.  I need something to take my mind off of all this static, however, so let me tell you a little bit about my sweet baby William:

He talks!  Now, I don't mean he babbles or even garbles things that only we understand (well, he does that, too), but he talks!  In phrases, at that.  Being the youngest of three, we give him no credit for his speaking abilities, as it is just assumed he should talk.  Everyone else in this house talks.  Why wouldn't the baby? 

At fifteen months, Hatch could say:

-Hold this
-Do this
-Mommy go bye-bye
-Choo-choo all gone
-Indy (Dee-Dee) good
-Baby good
-Get diaper
-Go night-night

Now, at sixteen months, he seems to be picking up a little here and a little there from his brothers. Yesterday, as Leo (Hatch's least favorite brother at this moment) was putting on a pair of glasses to wear to a party, Hatch looked right at him with a look of disgust and said, "No Glasses!"

They should be fun in the next couple of years.  Between Leo's temper and Hatch's scrappiness, I bet they eventually put on a pretty good show.  I can't wait.  Between you and I, I'm really very proud that the baby can fight back.  It's survival of the fittest around here. 

Everything else is going pretty well!  My nausea is starting to subside, as is the utter exhaustion (still tired, just not I-could-fall-to-the-ground-right-now kind of tired.)  The baby looks great on ultrasound from what I can see, but we go to our first doctor's appointment on Thursday.  I'm closing in on twelve weeks, so the office ultrasound should show a tiny little baby and less of a blob!  From what I can see, it has fingers and toes, a profile with a nose, the beginnings of ears, and ambiguous parts (they all look the same at this stage...in fact, they all look like boys.  This week is the week it'll start changing into whatever it is, so no more self-scans for me.  I don't want to risk seeing what it is.  What it is is what it is and I'm really quite happy with that.) 

Back to packing.  Ugh.  Three rooms to go. 

Next time we chat, it'll be from a new house in total disorder, but one I'm looking forward to being in.  Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...