Monday, February 3, 2014

Mom Just Isn't Fun at All

I have been itching to update this blog. I really want to be 100% honest- I don't want to give an inaccurate depiction of how we live, and the last post needed an update. The weekend has passed and it's now Monday morning, so here it is. Prepare yourself to deem me neurotic or just completely dull.

I was so proud of myself for letting go of my own hang-ups and driving forces on Thursday. I had a great night with the kids by myself. Awesome. I was high on life.

But my free spirit didn't even last until the wee hours of the next morning. I couldn't do it! I lost sleep over it. I can't be that person. I spent the morning rushing around like a crazy person trying to get a grip on my to-do list. It was a mess. (Adam was a good sport, though, and kept me going. Let me tell you later about what a good team-player he is. Need a reality check? Find Adam.)

I try. I do. But it looks like Mom just can't have fun like Daddy does. It takes all types to make the world go 'round, I guess. Sigh.

BUT, here I am owning it. If you needed to feel better about yourself this morning, there you go. You probably just realized you are more fun than I am. You're welcome. :)

❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...