Monday, August 4, 2014

The Journal

Several weeks ago, I bought Patrick a little journal. He loves to write sweet notes in it and we got in the habit of writing each other short messages back and forth.

I luv you, Mom.

I love you, too, Patrick. You're a good boy. 

Thank you for brekfest.  It was good. 

Thank you for cleaning the basement. You did a great job!

You get the picture. Today, his journal actually had entries; simply adorable entries that I have to savor for a few minutes today, on his first day of first grade. 


I woke up in the morning. I ate in the morning. I did everything. I got scared at nighttime because I want to marry you, marry you, marry you. I love you, love you, love, love, love you. 

I love him, love him, love, love, love him. 

Update: I was informed yesterday afternoon that this is a song he's writing and I wasn't supposed to know about it until he "finds the right voice to sing it." Therefore, pretend for his sake that you never read that, either.

Here's my sweet boy on the first day of school, 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...