Monday, February 15, 2010

28 Week Visit

#1) I am a coward when it comes to doctors. One would think that, after growing up with a doctor parent, I'd be more comfortable. That is not the case. I'm terrified to voice any concerns and I don't want to ask for anything. It gets me nowhere.

#2) I was pleasantly, pleasantly surprised by the behavior Patrick exhibited both in the waiting room and in the exam room today. He had to be patient for almost two hours, but I could not have been more proud of him. He colored quietly, talked to everyone he ran into, didn't get wild, whiny, or out of control. The only moment of embarassment (if you can even call it that) was when Patrick very loudly said, "Mom! My face is very (berry) hot." When I looked at him, his face was bright red and I asked him what had happened. He yelled, "It's ok. I'm just pooping." That's all. That's a walk in the park for us.

The appointment went well. I did get a little queasy with that glucose solution, but it wasn't too bad. Just not how I remembered it. My weight gain is fine. I'm at a total of 16. According to me, I'm on track to gain about 25, so I'm ok with that. My belly is measuring a little on the bigger side, but not so big that the docotor is concerned. The heartbeat was fine, but sounded much slower to me. I'll listen to it myself this afternoon and see where it's registering.

Happy President's Day! (And we're snowed in. It's a wasted holiday, but a nice day to hang out at home.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...