Saturday, February 20, 2010

How many "deep breaths" can one take in a day? For me, it's about 45-50. I do it constantly. I re-group. I never did this until I had kids, but I do it with everything. I open the car door and my bookbag falls out, spilling all of it's contents? I take a deep breath and pick everything up. Patrick (accidentally, I hope) throws a 5-pound weight at me, hitting me in the cheekbone? I take a deep breath and leave the room. (Note: This was not what I wanted to do. However, what I wanted to do would have been detrimental to us both. He was reprimanded about a minute later.) I drop a flat iron on my ankle, successfully burning both sides with a sizzle...deep breath (and maybe some explitives. I honestly can't remember.) I don't know that it makes life any easier, but it helps me to cope. Cliche, isn't it? "Take a deep breath." I hear it said all of the time. Here's a little secret: it works.

Twenty-nine weeks and I feel like a house. I don't think the abundance of sweets is helping, nor is the swelling that has moved into my feet. I'm hoping this was just a result of a long day on my feet yesterday, but we'll see. At least it's not uncomfortable. Deep breaths, deep breaths, deep breaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...