Monday, May 13, 2013

Original Draft Date 5/13

I found this in my drafts and have no idea why it wasn't posted back in May. It's sweet to read while I'm snuggling the little person this was written to, though I didn't know who she was then. (Note: She's even better than I imagined.)

Dear Tiny Baby:

You're still so little and nestled (hopefully) comfortably in my belly, but you should know how often we think of you; how much you are loved already.  With your brothers, I felt like I had a good feeling of what they would be like before they arrived, but I can't really get a good read on you yet.  I have a feeling you will be our wildcard.  Maybe you are a lot like your brothers; rough and curious and wild and loving.  Maybe you are quiet and insightful, more of a watcher than a do-er.  Maybe you are boisterous and loud and full of grand ideas.  Maybe you are a lot of things, but for sure you are the missing piece to our little family puzzle. 

You don't move too much, which sometimes worries me, but I've grown used to it now.  Perhaps you are just listening to the very active world going on outside.  (You will love it; I promise.)  Sometimes, first thing in the morning, I lay really still with my hand on my belly, waiting to feel you move.  Eventually, you do, and I find myself wishing that you knew I was wanting to feel you.  Fifteen weeks to go and we're nowhere close to ready for your arrival, but we will be.  After all, what more do you need than a few basics and a family of people who love you?  In our hearts, you're already here.  I find myself referring to my four kids or buying four "treats" for your brothers, when I really just need three.  I feel like you've just been in waiting this whole time.  Waiting to join us, waiting to be a part of things, waiting for us to realize you were coming and to be loved.  Oh, you are, sweet baby. 

I have to run now. Your brothers are up and duty calls. We'll chat soon, honey. I love you. 

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...