Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I super-suck at the blog posts lately and I absolutely plan on a proper one this week, but I just have to jot this down while I am thinking of it:

If there is one thing I wish I could bottle up right now, it's the feeling of sweet baby rolling around in my belly, especially in the quiet hours of morning and night. As I lay in bed in the dark, I can see the silhouette of my belly contorting; I can feel tiny parts jabbing this way and that. This baby isn't much of a mover, so I have to relish in it while I can. Forget the nausea, the heartburn, the mood swings, the cravings...this is what makes this all so enjoyable. Well, that and the nice-smelling little bundle you get at the end. That part isn't shabby, either.

We'll chat soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...