Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Orlando, Days 2-3

Whoa. Big difference. We are so much better at being a little family of two this time around. Adam has now been gone three days, and we are doing superbly. Honestly. Patrick has been minding, no acting out, very loving (to everyone except Aunt Leeney all of a sudden...no idea why), and I am getting things done. Amen for that. Granted, our nights are a little packed. Work out, do homework, dinner, laundry, pick up, get our things ready for the next day, etc. It's all normal stuff, really. However, staying busy keeps us current. We're not falling behind this time around. We're going to make this work. (That sounds so pitiful, but I'm determined.)

Yesterday was my ultrasound appointment. The baby is doing great, is proportional, about 4.5 pounds, measuring about a week ahead of schedule (so did Patrick; it means nothing), and bore a strange resemblance to my sister from the very few photos that we were able to get. As it turns out, I am no longer able to lay on my back. I found that out the hard way as I passed out in the middle of the ultrasound. Awesome. Apparently, however, it happens all of the time. I came to, got some water, mopped the sweat off my face and we tried to do it again. About 5 minutes in, I called it quits. I just couldn't do it. I started to see stars and knew that it was lights out for me again if I didn't sit up. The ultrasound was over.

I'm honestly a little disappointed, but for no good reason. Everything looks great. I just wanted a few more moments to see our new little one. Soon enough, I guess. My wooziness has not really subsided, much to my dismay. I started seeing stars in the shower this morning and twice again during lab today. Standing in a stationery position isn't working, either. The baby must be laying in a position that is cutting off blood flow. That's about the only conclusion that I can come up with. No complaints, though. Overall, things are really good.

Pictures to be posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...