Sunday, April 18, 2010

Three more weeks to go...

Three more weeks until Baby Nameless gets here (presumably). It barely seems possible. I'm really torn as of today if the feelings of let's-just-have-this-baby-already outweigh the please-stay-put-until-the-end-of-the-semester thoughts. I guess the latter wins, not that it matters. This baby will come when it's good and ready and, if it's anything like Patrick, it'll come right around it's due date...which will work out just fine.

In preparation for our newest life change, Adam and I headed out of town to Nashville for the weekend; just the two of us, and it was fabulous. Truly. Fabulous. Despite our occassional date nights, an uninterrupted weekend together was a nice little refresher. We really do have fun together. Our regular days are fun, but mostly work/Patrick centered. We had two days of us and it really couldn't be matched. I still feel like I'm glowing (and kind of am...the sun was out and we had a convertible. We both got a little sun.) I am a little sad to be back, but also a little excited to tackle the next few weeks and get it over with. Then...baby time.



Above: Me outside of our B & B
Below: Adam outside of our B & B (naturally)



Just before the greatest Train Tour of Brown County, complete with a trip through the parking lot of the Comfort Inn:


Prepping to return the car that my in-laws were gracious enough to let us borrow:



Finally, a very tired me, 37 weeks along:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...