Friday, September 10, 2010

I. Am. Tired. Beyond the normal mom-tired, I am I-feel-like-I-may-have-been-roofied kind of tired. Do you know who doesn't care? Every person in this house, myself included. The boys don't notice and Daddy's too tired himself. Bless Adam's heart, he did cover me up with a blanket on the way to bed last night, as I apparently passed out on the couch right after Leo went to bed.

So this little agreement we had, the one in which we were both going to work like crazy for the next two years so that we wouldn't have to work like crazy for our entire lives, seems to be in full swing. Oh, does it. Wow, it's harder than I thought. The Boy Scout Popcorn Sale starts pretty soon, which means I'll probably see Adam in January, and between school and the kids, we are really only passing in the mornings and on our way to bed anyway. I've said it before and I'll say it again; it's a good thing we're happy. We couldn't pull this off if we weren't.

But enough of the griping. At least the kids don't notice. They are none-the-wiser, which is what we wanted. And they are happy. They have a good life. In the end, this will all pay off...or at least it better. So help me, it better. Today is my day off. It's 9:30 and I'm still in my pj's. Patrick dressed himself in a t-shirt (backwards), boxer briefs, sunglasses, a watch, a wristband, and a bike helmet. I watched him do it. He is semi-color-coordinated, so I give him credit for that. Leo is good. He's dressed in real clothes (an outfit, I mean) and napping quietly, so at least 1/3 of those of us at home are off to a good start. That's better than nothing, so I'll take it. Cripes. I feel like that's a family motto now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...