Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mobility

As of yesterday, our little Leo became mobile.  I actually sat and watched as he figured out how to move one knee with the opposite hand and then repeat.  He was on his way, and he couldn't stop laughing as he moved closer...and closer.  Still, he's a bit jerky and not at all coordinated, but he's definitely crawling.  Oh, infant mobility, though I would have liked you to stay away a little longer, we welcome you back. 

Leo had his 6 month appointment today and is officially huge.  His weight is in the 80th percentile (I wish I knew exactly what it was, but while the nurse was trying to talk to me, Patrick was in the middle of probably the worst tantrum I have ever seen him have.)  Leo's length is off the charts.  His percentiles continue to increase as far as height goes (95th, 97th, and now), which makes Adam very proud.  He is absolutely convinced that at least one of our kids will get some height.  Maybe it's Leo!  Who knows...  Again, I have no idea exactly how long he was, just that his measurement was met with a "Wow!" by both the nurse and the doctor.  Getting his shots, Leo barely fliched.  Patrick, however, howled his head off and screamed because he couldn't get his latex gloves on correctly (courtesy of the doctor.)  I was sweating bullets just trying to tolerate it long enough to haul him outside for a "talking to."

This marks the third time that Leo's appointment has been met with absolutely fury by Patrick.  I wonder if it's a jealousy issue, or a fear issue, or both.  Patrick loves attention, and maybe he just hates not having all eyes on him.  It doesn't matter much what causes it; the next appointment will be had solo.

Some recent gems from Patrick, our little attention glutton:

"Look, I'm not going to fight with you..."

"Allllllllll-RIGHT!  I heard you!  Just RELAX!"

"Don't be ridiculous."

"I can't eat that, Mom.  It has caterpillars in it and they're BLEEDING!"  (It was tortellini with asparagus and tomato sauce.)

"My parts are private and I should always keep my weiner-penis in my pants." (I don't know. If you've met Patrick, you understand...)

"I say I'm going to go to Grandma's today, (in a whisper) but actually I am going to go with Daddy and watch basketball."  (No, really, he was going to Grandma's)

"Oh, hey, Mom.  I packed my bags.  I'm going to college."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...