Friday, January 7, 2011

I admit, I take my husband for granted.  He's not a kid who needs constant attention and guidance.  Sometimes, he's quiet enough that it's easy to work around him.  For that, I am regretful.  On days like today, one in which his hard work begins to uncover a glimmer of a pretty bright future for us, I am very thankful that I married such a good man.  He works like crazy to take care of this family and it's starting to pay off.  Among other things, it makes me happy to hear the excitement in his voice when he recounts a good day.  Much like my own Dad and Grandfathers, I am happy that I married a man who has pride in working hard for the sake of his family.  Maybe that's old-fashioned--it makes no difference to me if it is.  I value it. 

Amen for Adam and his incredible work ethic.  Even if I cringe when he gets a work call at home and pout when he has to work late into the night or on the weekend, I know he does it because he has a drive.  My fingers are crossed that our boys inherited some of that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...