Saturday, February 26, 2011

Facebook, I Hate You...sometimes

I've reached the point at which I am almost exhausted with Facebook.  (I don't Tweet, and shoot me if I ever do, but I'm exhausted with that, as well.)  There is just a maximum that we need to know about people.  For close friends and relatives, I can't get enough.  There are also people who I creepily look forward to hearing about because they have funny or interesting lives.  I admit it, I FB stalk a little.  However, the vague-booking, the constant updates, the drama-ridden shots at other people...it is tiring.  It usually leads to my immediate sign off.  Which brings me to my point...why do I do it?  Why do I care so much?  Ugh.  I have a love-hate relationship with Facebook.  Which is why I am considering deactivating again.  I'm just tired.  There is only so much that I want people to know about us, too...but then, I think, I have this blog.  Isn't that the same, kind of?  What started out as a way for me to chronicle our lives for the kids has turned in to a bit more.  Then again, I like to think that this is a little different.  If people come here, they actually want to know something, read something, or see something, and I'm not just forcing it on them.  I don't even know if that reasoning makes much sense.  So be it, I suppose. 

Ugh, it's Saturday, and I'm in a foul mood.  After an absolutely lovely shower for my good friend, Faithe (who probably never reads this, but if she does, she should know that she is one of my favorite people in the world.  I wish everyone could have their own "Faithe"), my day just kind of went downhill.  It just turned out to be not my day.  I would like to hit the reset button, for the second day in a row.  Adam leaves for another business trip tomorrow, which always bums me out.  My luck runs out when Adam is gone. My life gets flipped upside down.  Last year, I did it (unsucessfully) with just one child.  This year, I am managing two...and class, a final, class presentation, English and Chemistry homework, one job interview, one working day as a new Student Nurse, and a doctor's appointment.  I also need to find childcare to cover all of those events.  Boo to all of it.  I'm very grumpy.  I wish I had a live-in nanny for the week. 

We'll survive, though.  We always do.  I'm just hoping that next Saturday gets here fast, fast, fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...