Sunday, February 13, 2011

"I get it's a minivan, but I am truly jealous of your new car." -Adam Walden

We went to look at cars yesterday.  As of yesterday morning, I was sold on getting a Sienna.  It was almost for sure.  And then we went car shopping.  This is what we found:








Yes, yes, yes.  To be honest, I was not in love with it at first.  I was hesitant because I knew that VW and Chrysler had worked together on the engineering for this car, and I'm a true VW fan.  That little fact swayed me a little.  We got in a new one, and I immediately wanted out.  It just wasn't right.  But it wasn't the one I went to see.  The one I went to see is that pretty one up there.  And it's fancy.  And I really do love it.  And, despite any joint engineering, it's a VW.  Adam drove it this afternoon and I heard him rocking some Pearl Jam coming in the driveway.  He was reluctant about buying a minivan, but he loves it, too.  So much, in fact, that he's a little envious that I'll be the one driving it.  It's a pretty cool dad-car, too.   (We are definitely in our 30's and parents.  No doubt about it now.  We're super-psyched about a minivan. C'mon.)

That soccer mom goal is just so close.  It's.  Right.  There.  Truthfully, I'll probably be a Mathlete mom first, but I'll still have a cool van.

2 comments:

  1. That is a sweet van!!! I'm sure a mini-mom van will be my next purchase. I have a pretty rockin' new Honda CRV, but with two car seats it is full up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarah! I feel your pain...the two carseats made for so little room in my back seat. I had to ride in between the two on our way back from Hilton Head, and I think that was my breaking point. Even in the van, the carseats made everything shrink once they were in! Still, it's nice to have a couple of extra seats. Good luck with the van shopping...from there, I don't tihnk there is sny turning back until after they're off to college. :)

    ReplyDelete

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...