Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'm HOW Old??

I'm a few days late, but here is proof that I had a birthday this year (although, really, it's ok if I didn't.  That number is getting high enough it's making me cringe just a little.)  In what I hope to be a yearly ritual, Colleen put together a lovely birthday brunch for me. 


It is a lovely-looking brunch, right? I thought so, too.  It doesn't hurt that I have good-looking friends, either.

Shortly after, I did some completely unncessary but much appreciated Spring shopping and then picked up Adam, who was returning from Orlando, from the airport. The kids were exhausted and happy.  I tried to capture it, and what I got was just that: one exhausted and one happy:




And then, because I've been dying to, I made myself a cake:


Not the best picture, but it was the best I could get with the terrible lighting.  Yes, it was sugar-free and mostly fat-free, but it was very, very good.  It lasted exactly one day...well, about 10 hours.

And just for a good finish, because everyone loves kids in the bath, my two sweet boys: 


(The water is not murky, I promise.  That's from the pure soap these sensitive-skinned babies require.)

With as busy as we like to stay, my birthday just kind of came and went, but was very appreciated nonetheless. (Adam and I are still trying to find a day to do a little family celebration, but there just doesn't ever seem to be enough time. Maybe next year...and, after two consecutive birthdays being with child and sans a celebratory beverage, I believe I shall have a few next year.  I think that is reasonable.)

NOTE: I don't know where else to put this because I don't think it really deserves its own post, but I'm happy to say my funk has passed.  After a rough couple of weeks, I feel like the clouds are parting.  Just in time for Spring...and the second trimester. Also, my nausea has mostly subsided.  It still comes in waves, mostly triggered by smells and food aversions, but I'm otherwise okay.  I'm not overwhelmed by hunger, as I was in the past, for which I am very grateful.  I'm overwhelmed by fatigue, but I know that will pass, too. 

I also can't believe that I forgot this, but I heard the baby's heartbeat today.  As it turns out, I did manage to come across a doppler before my doctor's appointment.  The baby is resting nicely and its little heart is beating away.  Never a more beautiful sound existed than that of the first audible heartbeat. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...