Sunday, March 27, 2011

Music Revisited

Just when Patrick's taste in music was pretty established and predictable, he picked up a new obsession.  And, if you've ever met Patrick, you know that the term "obsession" is not an understatement.

What started with the Noggin video of Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds"  has turned into a love of all things Bob.  Everything else has gone straight out the window.  I may get cursed for saying it, but I'm not really a big Marley fan.  I have not encouraged this.  Don't get me wrong, it's fine and it sets a good tone for a party in the summer, but it's not really music that I would listen to on my own.  Ever.  That has all changed.

The minute we walk out the door to the car, Patrick starts asking for Bob Marley.  He also has these elaborate stories about how they are friends and Bob is really funny and he'll be coming over later.  These are my favorites.  Admittedly, I find myself singing along the majority of our trips.  The reason I thought of even mentioning this on the blog is because I could hear Patrick, doing his business in the bathroom singing, "...rise up this morning, smiled with the rising sun..."  Adam tried to throw him off last night by putting on different songs and claiming them to be Marley.  From the back, Patrick would yell over the music, "I can't hear Bob singing, Dad.  Pick a different song."  Under his breath, I heard Adam say, "I really hope this doesn't mean we're going to have to have the Don't-Smoke-Pot talk at any point in the future."

Here is the Noggin video.  In truth, I do really like it.  It's absolutely adorable (as goes Noggin, really.)  It sends a good message, too.  I find myself singing it all day long.  Maybe I like Bob Marley a little more than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...