Saturday, April 9, 2011

Caught a Chupacabra

As I sit down tonight to do homework, as is the case most Saturday nights, I am anticipating a Chem lab, Chem quiz, and an English (Technical Writing) paper.  I decided that I would start on my English paper because that would definitely take the longest.  Last week, we had to turn in our rough drafts to our instructor.  I hadn't looked at my feedback yet, since I  hadn't planned on doing anything about it until this weekend, so imagine my surprise and elation to open my assignment and see this notation:

You did a fantastic job with this assignment. When you consider that you chose a somewhat difficult topic, it makes your work even stronger. Many individuals become intimidated when having to work with new computer software. Your instructions and explanations were very simple and easy to follow. You make great use of illustrations in your document.

Your cover memo is well written. Your word flow is excellent.  You show great audience awareness and you clearly demonstrate to reader the purpose of the product and what the reader can gain from the product.

Great job!  No recommendations needed for improvement.  You will receive full points for this assignment.  No final draft needed.

Considering that this assignment was worth 20% of my overall grade, I'm sitting pretty right now with a solid A.  Generally, as far as nursing school goes, feedback like this is about as common as the chupacabra.  Who is shining like a new dime?  This girl is. 

On to Chemistry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...