Saturday, October 29, 2011

Back To Work...Almost

Monday brings back emploment for me.  One half of me is overjoyed at 1.) starting my ideal job and 2.) having a real paycheck, but the other half of me is dreading having to leave these kids.  Oh, what a great three weeks it's been.  I'm going to miss these boys horribly.  But I'll be back.

Initially gung-ho (is that how to spell that?) about working full-time nights and still managing my boys all by myself during the day, I've come to terms that will likely not happen...yet.  Also, I'm a little spoiled by having made and kept my own schedule these last few months, that I really think a part-time gig is up my alley.  So that is what I'll do.  Two nights a week away from sleeping children = not so bad.  The following day might be a little rough, but we'll work through that.  One thing at a time. 

This past week has been as especially good way to lead up to a regular-person schedule again.  Dinner with friends, a concert with family (still a little foggy today), Halloween parties and excitement, and some good and simple QT...I love it.  I've gotten out of the house with all three little ones quite a few times, and though Leo has developed a penchant for moving cars and roads (scary as $%!+), it's really much easier than I'd have thought...and even a little fun, as long as it's not an errand marathon.  I learned that the hard way.  If you know me at all, or really any other mom in the universe, you know how much pride is rooted in these kids.  Our outings yesterday brought quite a few compliments from strangers, thanks to uncharacteristically simultaneous pleasant and polite moods from the two older boys, which in turn made me feel like we're not so bad at this.  (That feeling comes and goes. Trust you me.)  I'm really happy and fortunate that, despite returning to work too early for my taste, I'll still get the day-to-day kid stuff with them, even the tantrums, which I'm only mediocre at diffusing.  This schedule allows me to be both a working mom and a stay-at-home mom...and a tired mom, but I'll live.  It's true.     

This weekend brings with it the end of another chapter.  Monday starts the beginning of an entirely new book.  Ready, set...go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...