Tuesday, February 7, 2012

We're Moving...Eventually

Finally!  We are getting the house ready to put on the market, and none too soon.  The house we're in now was Adam's "bachelor pad," but has served us so well for the last five years.  Now that there are five of us, however, it sometimes feels like we are living on top of each other.  We need space.  After all, one of us doesn't even have his own room (sorry, Hatch.  Soon enough.  Certainly, one of your brothers would gladly trade places with if you if meant that he could sleep in our room every night.  I'm just not sure that you're ready for a bunk bed yet.)

Our lack of space means that I miss out on very little that goes on around here.  We're always pretty close in proximity to one another, meaning I never miss out on the little quips, comments, and fights that go on between the boys.  Such gems this morning included:

"Leo just stepped on my head."

"The goldfish!  The goldfish!  The goldfish are out!"

"Is it ok to pour out our yogurt?  Because Leo just did."

"I think Leo just put your eyelashes in his mouth."

"Spit it out!  Spit it out!  Spit out my granola bar!"

"Who is a better kid?  Me or Leo?"

"Noo!!!  No!!!  Noooooooo!  Don't touch the Legos!!!!!!!"

On top of that, I have a massive head cold/sinus infection that seems to be getting worse.  I feel absolutely lousy, meaning that I am getting no work done that needs to be done.  With Adam starting his rounds of Spring traveling soon, I know that I need to tough through it and get it done while there are still two of us here. I am secretly hoping that he takes a few days off and helps me knock out a couple of the bigger projects.  Certainly, there is not a chance I can get done what I need to with tiny people at my feet all day (literally), much less feeling like someone has filled my head with jello and nails.  Sniffle.  Cough.  Housewife problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...