Friday, November 9, 2012

Insomnia.

Insomnia: the only word I can use to describe why I would wake up at 2am and absolutely not be able to go back to sleep. The high point of this, however, is that the house is clean (at least the parts of it where there are not sleeping people), two loads of laundry done, folded, and put away, and I am just getting ready to settle in with my beloved DVR. My hope is that I don't pay for this lack of sleep later on today. (It is, after all, the day we are celebrating my beloved Adam's 34th birthday.) Turn off, brain! Go to bed!

1 comment:

  1. you're so good! if i can't sleep, i certainly don't do housework. i am too busy thinking "if i fall asleep in ten minutes, i will get 3.5 hours of sleep, if i fall asleep in 22 minutes, i will get 3.1788 hours of sleep" and on and on and on...

    ReplyDelete

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...