Monday, November 12, 2012

I'm Sorry

To My Kids-

I am so sorry every time I raise my voice to you.  I am so sorry that I ever assume you know something without ever having taught you.  I'm sorry for my sometimes unreasonably high expecations and my failing memory of what it feels like to be so little.

You kids are incredible human beings.  You are great, great kids.  I'm sorry for yelling at you today.  I would go into your rooms right now and tell you myself, but then I would wake you and what you need more than anything is sleep.  (In fact, that is what I was trying to tell you today when I got so upset with you.) 

Sweet dreams, little boys.  Tomorrow will be a brand new day.  I promise you.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...