Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 5

I promise not to update every single day of this wretched workout cycle, but it helps me to feel accountable if I write it out.  (Not that that has changed anything in the past.  If I don't like something, I'm giving it up.  End of story.)  Let's be clear on this...I hate it.  I don't like P90-X one bit.  However, when it's all said and done, I feel pretty good.  Strong.  Engaged. 

I missed a day this week and opted instead to order pizza and have beers with my friend, Kelly.  It was lovely, but I have been playing mad catch-up.  I had a long workout yesterday and another today.  I did the Ab Ripper X two days in a row.  I think I may have done some internal damage.  (I'm half-way kidding.  Sitting still, I feel fine.  I just leaned over to play with Patrick, though, and almost couldn't lean back to sit down.)  I'm five days in.  I'm hating it, but not enough to quit yet. I did legs today and am pleasantly surprised by my ability to keep up.  My leg strength is pretty good.  Abs are still not.  Really not.  Not at all. 

I'll update again about this in a week.  We'll just take it one week at a time.  If I finish this, we're having a big old sushi feast.  A big one.  With sake.  Lots of sake...and maybe some cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...