Wednesday, April 10, 2013


This is exactly how I felt this morning.  Somehow, after coming home late last night from work, I had the sense to open the now-oversized windows in my bedroom.  Good move.  I woke up to a glorious breeze, chirping birds, and although it was too early for my liking after 12 long hours in the ER, it was ok because my senses were on an it's-a-fresh-day overload and I was happy. 

As we settle in to our new home, new surroundings, new routines, I find that things are...different.  Life is suddenly simpler, less hectic, quieter, nicer, organized, just lovely.  Not that it wasn't before, just that there is something about this house and this move that has helped us find our groove.  And we like that groove.  Me, especially.  (Except, after the absolutely glorious early-morning wake-up and subsequent playing in the yard with the boys, I was so tired that I have barely moved from the couch in...well...about seven hours.  I am beat.  B. E. A. T.)

BUT, it's Spring and I love Spring.  I love the way the breeze feels on my skin, the way new grass feels on wet feet (even though I'm horribly allergic, and so is our oldest son, we realized today with the sudden onset of a full-body rash.)  I love the way the sun looks different and the way the birds sound.  I love the way it smells.  The way it smells...especially applicable tonight, as I sit next to more open windows and breathe in the storm that just passed through.  The grass is greener and the sky is gorgeous.  It's a beautiful life. 

And all is well in my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...