Thursday, February 27, 2014

Hatch

Has there been a good post about Hatchie lately? I cannot recall one, so I'll throw one in the mix. (I actively worry that I will die and that the kids will count their individual posts and find out who had the most, therefore deeming that person the favorite. If you read this, dear children, I love you all the same.)

But Hatch.  William.  Holy $&@?. Where did he come from?! (Rhetorical question. He's my dad, but miniature.)

We joke about him being so bad, but really, he's not.  He listens and follows directions quite well.  He is a saint in public.  We can take that kid anywhere. But at home...

At home, he is a tiny leprechaun.  He is sneaky and naughty.  He does the weirdest things...paints the vanity with my foundation, sprinkles coffee grounds across the kitchen floor, steals my socks by the handful and hides them.  He's a prankster.  He can be mean.  That tiny baby bites!

But Holy Moley, he is cute.  Have you seen him? He's incredibly short (the size of the average 18m old), quite chubby and round, but very, very fast. He giggles and snorts and squeaks.  He can speak in full, detailed sentences, but leave you to believe that he is incapable of verbal expression when he wants. He will play you for all he is worth and he will win.  I promise you.

He is clever.

He is funny.

He's so warm and snuggly.

He will win you over.  Watch out.

His favorites:

Color: green
Food: granola bars
Toys: his "bees" (pillow pets) and all things Wolverine
Meal: breakfast
Movie: The Lego Movie
Song: Started From The Bottom (censored--don't judge)

He's Wee Willy. He's absolutely wonderful, if not for having to swat him away from time to time. Good God, we love this kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...