Monday, February 24, 2014

Year of Adam

I made it my New Year resolution this year to date my husband.  After all, seven years, four kids and lots of other major changes can take a toll on one's relationship.  It can become routine.  It had become routine, and not at all bad, but with room for improvement (always).

(And do you know what? Dating your husband is kind of awesome.  Also, it reaps all sorts of benefits, like out-of-the-way favors and tokens and love notes.  Who doesn't love a love note...er, text? I sure do.)

Enough of that.  Let me tell you why I wanted to date Adam:

1.) He has given me everything I ever wanted.  The kids, the job, the life...all because of Adam.  (He could have kept the dog.  We love each other now, but that was a long time coming.) I could stop here.  But there is more.

2.) He never complains.  Never.  He can work six 16-hour days in a row, get three hours of sleep, drive six hours to get home to see us for dinner and get back to the grind again.  And he never complains.  (Me? I complain.  I work three 12s in a row and you bet that everyone I know will know about it.)
Adam > Me.

3.) His work ethic is second to none.  Clearly.

4.) He never tells me no.  Truthfully, I don't ask for a whole lot in terms of actual "things," but I have high expectations.  He may not always keep up with chores like I do, but if I have a grand idea to improve things, to get the kids on track, to revamp our finances/lifestyle/way-of-life, he always says, "Sounds good" or "Great idea!"

5.) When I am in a place where I simply cannot be rational, he is. He always is.

6.) His laugh. Enough said.

7.) He's the best kisser on the planet. (Sorry, kids, that you have to read that. Take this as a lesson, though. Marry a good kisser.)

8.) He's a great example for our kids. He shows them how to be respectful, how to be a team player, how to love with all of your heart.

9.) He has the perfect body temperature. Sharing a bed with him is sublime.

10.) He's smart. And kind. And super-funny. And he loves me, too. 

He's simply wonderful. I mean that. He drives me up the wall at least half of the week, but he's simultaneously the best person I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Nauseated yet? (Sorry about that.) Yay, Adam! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...