Friday, February 20, 2009

2/20/09

FINALLY, Patrick looks as though he's going to walk any day. I need to post some video. I'll make a mental note to do that. I wasn't really worried about him not walking, since he really isn't "late." He just seems to be surrounded by little girls who want to walk much more than he does. What's funny is that he will walk, but it's usually to get candy. He doesn't do things for free. At least he's smart about it. Still, Katie managed to get him to walk 10 steps to her this week, and we've been practicing a little every day. He will fall down from time to time because he seems to lean back, presumably because he thinks I'm still behind him to catch him. He'll get it, though. There goes my tiny baby, I guess. Once he starts walking, he's officially a "toddler."

Also, since his birthday, he's very much into eating. I couldn't be happier. He's a thin child, and I always worry a little that he's not eating enough. He certainly has an interest now; it's just that he usually eats on his terms. Suddenly, HE wants to feed himself. If I do it for him, he gets frustrated and just doesn't eat as much. My favorite part of the day is breakfast in bed while we watch Curious George. I know that's probably not a healthy little ritual and we'll cut it out eventually. We just need that one-on-one time in the morning before our day gets crazy. Adam's not a huge fan of the crumbs in the bed, though. I heard him grumbling last night about someone leaving a loaf of bread in the sheets. Oops.

While I'm on the topic of eating, we did a complete food over-haul in our house. I thought that, since Patrick was eating three full meals and 2-3 snacks a day, we needed to stock the house with a variety of healthy food options. I threw out all of the junk (and expired misc. foods that seem to accumulate in the back of the fridge) and we have tons of fruits, veggies, and organic snacks. We'll all be healthier yet. I found Jerry Seinfeld's wife's Ultimate Grocery List online and used that as a guideline. Here is the link: http://static.oprah.com/images/foodhome/food/foodandfamily_shoppinglist.pdf.

I've been trying to read up on healthy recipes for meals that we all three can eat, but I just don't have that much time for reading recreationally. I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...