Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Patrick has had a cough for a couple of weeks now and I think that I've caught it. It's just a dry, hacking cough. It's not good at all. It doesn't hurt, though, which explains why he's really not that cranky. Maybe I need to start sleeping in his room so we can share the humidifier.

We're starting to get into using more words. I have suddenly become BaBa, but only sometimes. Patrick can say clock (glog or cog), dad, hi, bye-bye, pup(py), baby, Lana (Allana), and Papaw. These words accompany phrases like "What's that" and "Hi, Dad." He tries to repeat almost every simple word we say to him, but it really depends on what kind of a mood he's in. Lately, it's been goofy. He can also respond to a couple simple commands, like "come here" or "bring me your blanket." Just in the past day or so, he's been really into playing with us, which is fantastic and exhausting at the same time. Sometimes, I wish he understood what "relax for a minute" means because he must hear it 12 times a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...