Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Mission: 10 Pounds Lost


So, here it is. It's almost the end of summer and somewhere along the way, I have managed to put on four pounds. It's four pounds, right? Not too bad, but I know that if I ignore it, those four pounds will turn into 10, which will turn into 20, and then I'm in a world of misery.


Here is my plan: I would like to lose 10 pounds by October 1st. Today is July 29th. That gives me ample time to lost the weight that I need to lose without having to break my back to do it.


Here are the stats (because if I put it out there, I'm committed to it):


128-Weight on wedding day

139-Ugh, weight when Patrick was conceived (happy fat)

135-Weight 4 weeks after Patrick was born

130-Weight in November of '08

123-Lowest summer weight '09

126-Average summer weight '09

130-Weight as of this morning....boo


How do I know all this? Perhaps I'm a little obsessive, but it's what I do: I weigh myself daily. I do get obsessive about eating habits and I try to be as healthy as I can. My weight any certain day dictates how strict or lenient I am when it comes to healthy or empty calories. I've fallen off the wagon the past few weeks and it seems to have caught up to me.


Fine, I admit it, this does sound obsessive. Hear me out, though. Here is the plan:


Step 1: 2 weeks of South Beach, Phase 1


The second step is to be determined. Let's focus on one thing at time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...