Saturday, September 5, 2009

So, here it is; the proof. I love reading these letters on a digital test (let's be fair...this was test #6...the last one, seriously.)



Today was a Hanover get-together...a celebration of our new Baby Elise (Anna and Brent's little girl) and Baby Ty (Jamie and Winston's new little man), and of Jessica's recent nuptials. To my Hanover friends, I say this: I am sorry that I lied to you all today. You know that champagne cocktail I had? I wasn't drinking it. I was pouring it back into the pitcher when you weren't looking. Even when I acted like I was drinking it, it was just hitting a closed mouth. The other "drink" that I had was just Diet Mt. Dew. It's still very, very early in the pregnancy; I wasn't ready to share my news yet. Besides, it wasn't my day. I hope you all can understand. Surprise!



Aside from that, I feel pretty good. A little nauseated from time to time; perhaps just a smidge more than when I was pregnant with Patrick. From my calculations, I am no more than 5-6 weeks along. However, I have already started to form a tiny baby bump. Is this normal with subsequent pregancies? I feel like I look like I did when I was 12-13 weeks with Patrick. It's exciting to start to "show" early, but it also means that I'll have to share my news a little earlier than I thought.



We go to the doctor on the 15th for our first U/S; a confirmation of pregnancy. I'm praying to see a heartbeat. I'm still so excited that I can barely believe it. We're going to have a really busy next couple of years. Adam and I are both putting in quite a bit of time trying to put together our life; setting it up for the future. I'm in school again and managing two full-time jobs (motherhood and my paid position, simultaneously) and Adam puts in crazy overtime at work, trying to make a name for himself Adding one more child to the mix is going to make our balance of family time a delicate one. However, I feel like it's worth the risk of having our plate too full; we can handle it. I know that we can. I cannot wait for what's in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...