Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ultrasound

Success! The ultrasound gave us a great profile, complete with a confirmation of Adam's mouth...just like little Patrick. I actually laughed out loud when I saw it on the screen. I love that little mouth on the babies; I think they look like little Whos (from Whoville) when they are first born. Merry Christmas, for sure!

Otherwise, the baby is great. Measuring in at 15cm (from crown to rump) and roughly 10 ounces, he/she is just a smidge bigger than Patrick was at the same gestational age, and seems to bear at least a little resemblance. (See pics.)

My concern with the appointment was that my blood pressure was high again, 160/110. Ugh. I was asked to take my own at home once a twice a day and call in weekly with an average. So far this week, it's been fine--in the 122-130/77-83 range. I'm more than happy
with this. I don't know what causes my BP spike periodically, but it worries me every time that it does. I'll watch it and see where it goes. Admittedly, I panicked a little at the news, thinking immediately that I was not going to agree to bedrest weeks down the line nor would I be induced early if this turned into a problem. I dodged the bullet last time and refuse to fall prey this time around. Damn blood pressure.

On a good note, the baby is great, I feel pretty good, Patrick is finally done teething (hooray!!), and Adam is transitioning into his new position at work. Things are forever changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...