Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What a day, what a day. Patrick's talking is in full swing...and I don't mean in terms of speaking in sentences or picking up new words. He's there for sure...just now, it's constant. CONSTANT. This afternoon, he didn't really take an afternoon nap, so I just got him out of bed and let him play for a few hours. His "playing" consisted of non-stop chatter for 2.5 hours. At work...Where people are trying to get things done, but a little man who cannot stop repeating the same sentence over and over until he gets a response makes that a little hard. I honestly had a headache when we left. We got into the car, and here is the conversation that ensued:

Me: Honey, please be quiet.
Patrick: Quiet. Peez.
Me: Patrick, I'm serious. Mommy has a headache. Please, stop talking, just for a little bit.
P: Mama's sad? Mama's sad. Mama's sick.
Me: Mommy's not sick, honey. Mommy's sad that you won't be quiet.
P: Be quiet.
Me: Yes, please. Be quiet, honey.
P: Quiet, honey.
Me: I'm serious. Please.
P: Stop talking [to] me, Mama. Peez.

Ooh.... Then, it was off to the grocery store, which was a terrible idea. We ended up leaving early, spending more than usual, and not getting everything that we needed. Patrick needed to go. Stat. He was hungry, tired, and annoyed. So was I. We checked out, with the help of a very sweet check-out girl who was trying her hardest to move quickly, and managed to get in the car. Patrick fell asleep during the few minutes it took to get home.

Once home, we unloaded what groceries we did manage to grab, Patrick ate a good dinner, and we watched a little bit of Wall-E (the new favorite.) Finally, things were quiet. Nice. My headache had started to go away and things were good. Then, Patrick starts squeezing the skin on my noticeably larger belly. He's watching the movie, so I don't really stop him. Suddenly, he grabs my belly with two hands and yells, "Mama!!! Oink!! Oink!!" Oh my, oh my, oh my.

Goodnight, Patrick. It's been a long day. We both need a little bit of rest. Tomorrow's a brand new day.

On an unrelated note, I'm trying out the Kraft's 5 meals-1 bag grocery list that I got out of my most recent Food & Family magazine. We'll see how it goes. Everything looks pretty simple and very kid friendly (good for both Adam and Patrick), so I'm anxious to try it out. Here is the link to this week's "menu":

http://kraftfoods.com/Assets/pdf/shoppingLists/110209_KF_Dinner_1bag5dinners.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...