Sunday, January 10, 2010

Status Check In

The sun is out again. I'm feeling much better about my intricate little situation. Here are the facts (it took more than one night's worth sleep to come to this...it took several):

1.) My advice to achieving happiness is always "If you don't like something, fix it." Fix the situation, fix your attitude. Fix something, but start with yourself...with what YOU can do. It's time I take my own advice. I'm exactly where I wanted to be: happily pregnant and accepted into a very competitive program. I need to fix my attitude, keep my head down and just do what I have to do for the next 18 months. It won't be easy, but it's do-able, and that's all that I need to be hopeful.

2.) I have more help than anyone could ask for, and I haven't really "asked" for any of it. If I did start asking, I'd have more help. This makes things even more do-able.

3.) I wouldn't change this if I could. I wouldn't have sat out a semester, I wouldn't have waited to apply. I wouldn't have waited to have another baby. There is nothing that I can do to change the actual situation, but there is nothing that I would want to do to change it. I have nothing to complain about.

4.) I am not the only person to have gone through this. In fact, there are others who have balanced much more. Things could always be harder.

5.) Facing what seems to be a very hard balance of life is at this time 110%, without a single doubt, worth it.

See this new and improved attitude?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...