Sunday, February 14, 2010

12 Weeks to Go

We have approximately 12 weeks before Baby Walden makes his/her arrival. Hooray for a fast pregnancy! The last week or so has been full of uncharactaristic paranoia (on my part), but we're heading to the doctor in the morning, so that will ease my mind. I'd really like to have another ultrasound, but I'm terrible at asking for things, so I may or may not. I'm guessing that I may not.

Here is a 28 week picture. I've grown, obviously. (And this picture was taken before 7pm. Note that I'm in my pajamas. I'm painfully tired again.) I actually had someone ask me this week if I was sure that I was not carrying two are three. Are you serious? Of course I'm sure. Furthermore, this person deserved a high-five to the face for actually saying something like that. I think I must just look like I welcome comments like that. It happens all of the time. I believe they have just started.



My glucose screening test is in the morning. My plan was to eat nothing but protein all day, as to not throw off the test results, like I did last time. Repeating the glucose screen is absolutely terrible. I wish not to. The last time I did it, I ended up vomiting on the floor in an exam room in front of Adam. My protein plan today failed, thanks to Valentine's Day goodness. I did well for breakfast and for lunch. Then came the V-Day candy. And the Paradise Bakery cookies. And the Hershey Kisses from my mom. I'm in the process of drinking 1.5 gallons of water to flush my system. Let's hope it works. I might just weigh in a little much in the morning because of the water, but so be it. I'd rather feel fat for a day than be forced into the dreaded 3-hour glucose screen. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...