Friday, February 5, 2010

Patrick is 1 Year and 364 Days Old

On the eve of Patrick's 2nd birthday, I thought it would be good for me to record what his favorite things/phrases are at this point, especially since most of them will be changing pretty quickly in the upcoming years. They are as follows (in no particular order):

1.) Buzz Lightyear
2.) Dinosaurs
3.) "Icky" Bugs
4.) Socks
5.) Gloves
6.) Clocks (still)
7.) Trucks
8.) Mommy
9.) Daddy
10.) Indy/all puppy dogs
11.) Hearing himself talk
12.) Singing "Jingle Bells" and "Wonderpets"
13.) All sweets
14.) Wonderpets
15.) "What's that noise?"
16.) "No Crying"
17.) "No say that."
18.) "Head down in whoa bed."
19.) "That's scaaaaaary."
20.) "Bye! See ya, be ya!"

Also, we went to the pediatrician this week for the two-year well "baby" visit. Patrick officially hates Dorothy, the nurse, but as Katie pointed out, that's likely because she is the one who gives the shots. He's pretty ok with Dr. Bergstein until she actually does any assessments. This was his first visit on the big boy scale and, though he slouched a little and Dorothy could not get a good height, his weight jumped up to the 30th percentile. He's moved from the 10th, to the 15th, and now to the 30th, all in the last three visits. Dr. Berstein walked into the room and Patrick belted, "Hi, doctor!" When she asked what his name was, he very proudly said, "I'm Patrick Walden." After sitting and talking for a little while, Dr. Bergstein kind of paused a little and watched Patrick play. He showed her "upstairs" and "downstairs." He asked her if she wanted to hear his baby (the last Dr. we went to was my OB), and he showed her his new drawing board. I know I am "that" parent sometimes, but I was so proud of him. I AM so proud of him. Despite his new tantrums, he's a special little guy. Happy birthday to my sweet baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...