Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dear Baby...

My dear baby-

Two weeks to go until you're officially due, though I am starting to hope I get to meet you sooner, even if the consequences throw a wrench into our life right now (school-wise, that is.) You sent us to see the doctor on Friday, thinking that we were going to meet you that day. Obviously, we didn't. That hurt a bit and so I propose that we not do that again.

As a result of that trip, however, I realize how 1.) excited and 2.) ill-prepared we are. I don't know why, but I envision you as quieter than your brother, with dark hair, and a more low-key attitude. When we went to the doctor on Friday, you were sound asleep. Three times, they had to "zap" you before you would wake up, and even then, you fell asleep again right away. I hope that's a good sign that you're a sound sleeper like your big brother.

I do love you immensely already. I go to bed thinking of you and I wake up thinking of you. I am nervous and overly-excited at the same time. I wonder what your name will be and what your little personality will be like. Will you look just like Patrick? What will you smell like?

Come when you will, but come quickly and don't make us wait too long. Your daddy and I grow more excited to meet you every day. Your brother, on the other hand, has no idea what's about to hit him. He'll figure it out, though, and he'll love you just as much as we do...eventually, I'm sure.

I hope you're warm and cozy and that your little face isn't too squashed in there. Thanks for not clawing at me any more this weekend, I appreciate it whole-heartedly.

With love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...