Thursday, July 22, 2010

God Bless You, Leo Alexander

Leo was baptized on Sunday, and we were blessed to have a full house...and I mean a FULL house; we easily made up 2/3 of the people in attendance.  We had friends and family from in town, family from Ohio, and family from Illinois make the trip to be with us, and Leo looked as sweet as he is in his gorgeous cotton/linen gown..  We were a little intimidated by the number of people who came (due to the small size of our house), but at the end of the day, it was so good to see everyone and we feel so lucky to have that many people who cared enough to join us.  It brought back good memories of holidays at my grandparents' house...little room and lots of people; the kind of event that makes the floor a totally acceptable option for seating.  A packed house is a good problem to have and we found out just how many people our little house could hold as soon as the torrential downpours started in the late afternoon. Thank goodness we all liked each other.  See pictures:



Leo and his Godparents, Aunt TiTi and Uncle Thomas



Patrick's New Chalkboard Wall:


Petit Fours...I could have eaten them all:

Come Monday, we had very few leftovers, the house was cleaned up, and it was almost a let-down.  We've been trying to get all of our home projects all done in time for the baptism, and we succeeded.  What now, though?  With 4.5 weeks left until school starts up again, I suppose it's time that we take advantage of our free time and enjoy this summer.  Hilton Head vacation starts in just three weeks!

I've cut back hours at work again, meaning I'll be working very little.  As far as income goes, it's a little blow, but not one that we're unprepared for.  On a good note, it means that I will have four weeks before school starts to spend enjoying the rest of the summer with the boys.  Day one (today) has been spent in our jammies (minus Leo, he's dressed) and with Grandma and Aunt Leeney over visiting.  I love it! 

Also, the Egg Diet started today.  Truthfully, it would have started yesterday, but I got sidetracked by a little Flying Cupcakes (fine...nearly two Flying Cupcakes, but who is counting?)  What is the Egg Diet, you say?  Well, it's a completely unhealthy Nutritional Fasting diet, but it'll at least get my weight loss started.  I can modify it later.  For now, I just need a little immediate gratification.  Read this article on it; if this supposed-to-be-encouraging article doesn't sway you into thinking it's probably not a good long-term solution, nothing will: http://www.afn.org/~poultry/eggdiet.htm.  I'm not stupid, just willing to try anything.  I've hit that level.  As of this morning, I have five pounds to go to pre-baby weight, and I know that those five pounds live in my stomach and my boobs, but I still would like them to head out.  Maybe a few extra pounds would be ok, too. Like ten. I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...