Friday, September 17, 2010

I stole this from a friend's Facebook page (sorry, Danielle!), but I had to.  As a chronic optimist, losing sight of the light at the end of the tunnel is frustrating.  I'm working on seeking it out.  Sometimes, things get hard.  To be clear, I still believe that it's not life that is hard, it's that times can be hard.  Balancing school and the kids and my husband and the cooking/cleaning/grocery shopping/laundry...I have found myself losing focus and giving about 1/2 of an effort in all fields.  As a moderate over-achiever, with a competitive nature and mild control issue, well, I'm in the process of pulling it together.  After a somewhat frustrating and stinging what-for from Adam last night (where would I be without Adam?), I realized that I have to.  It's not for my sake completely, it is for our entire family unit.  Happy wife, happy life, right?  I wish that I meditated.  Sometimes, it just helps to have some kind of affirmation (whether it's true or not) that everything works out how it should.  It lightens the load and allows the worries to dissipate.  Deep breaths...

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...