Friday, October 22, 2010

To Patrick: October 21, 2010

My Dearest Patrick:

Little do you know how much fun I had tucking you in tonight (for the fourth time, but who is counting? Secretly, I love it when you get out of bed to come and see us.)  Repeatedly tucking you back in, however, is not usually fun, but you were in a rare mood and this was an exception.  After telling you the story about the ghost named Oscar who lives at Grandma and Grandad's house and likes to play with soccer balls three times in a row (thanks, Mom!), and practicing your new prayer twice in its entirety, you were ready for bed.  What you said on my way out the door, however, is what makes me write this.  In your tiny little voice with your tiny toddler lisp, I heard, "You are the cutest mom I have ever seen, and you are the best mom in the world."  I don't know where on earth you would have heard that, and it really doesn't matter.  You are going to score some major points when you grow up if you've learned to talk to girls that way.  You made this tired mom a happy one tonight. 

I love you, Buddy.

Mom

PS- Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...