Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Correction:

I think I would like to retract my statement about Leo being relatively healthy.  After what has now been three weeks of constant illness (and not the ho-hum variety), I feel as though I misrepresented poor Leo and would therefore like to set the record straight.  Perhaps, at another time, I will say that Leo is relatively healthy.  For the time being, this winter has been a b*^%@ to my tiny baby.

First, the flu.  Or something like the flu, which ended in a body rash.  But not Roseola (we've been there.)
Then came a cold...a bad cold.  The runny noses were constant (kind of like a mucus fountain) and the poor little boy was just ill.  That progressed and progressed until he developed a cough.  Then that progressed and progressed until the cough became an entity of its own; one that sounded like it came from the depths of Leo's soul and would rock his tiny body so hard that he had tough time coming up for air in between the man-coughs.  That's what ended us in Urgent Care yesterday, on one of the slipperiest (is that even a word?) days of the year.  On top of an inch of ice, we bundled up and skidded my mom-car to Zionsville to see the greatest Urgent Care doctor of all time...my dad.  Little Leo has croup and an ear infection.  Ugh.

About the ear infection, how do I miss these so consistently?  Honestly.  I have caught a few, after the pus has drained and dried inside the ear...meaning after their little eardrum has ruptured.  These always makes me feel guilty.  Immediately.  Inside my head, I was cursing a little at another missed ear infection.  Mom points: 0. 

After two doses of antibiotics, Leo seems to be sleeping a little better, at least.  Last night was the absolute worst that we've had, so a little break from the coughing and wimpering is good for everyone. That poor baby is tired.  As of this morning, the coughing is about the same, but we have turned his room into a jungle-ish sauna and can simply stand in front of the freezer or walk outside to stop his coughing fits if they get too bad.  I'm praying that this is the last of it.  He's had enough. 

You blasted wintertime bugs...don't make me a liar again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...