Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Patrick Tells His Birth Story

With Patrick's birthday approaching, I have started to tell him his birth story; where we were, how it happened, what it felt like, etc.  As it goes with most 2-3 year-olds, what you say and what they hear may favor each other, but are often quite different.  As we sit here on Day 2 of Snowtastrophe 2011, I am listening to Patrick tell us his version of his birth story.  It goes something like this:

"You got married because you were so sad I wasn't a baby.  A---a----a-and you didn't have me yet.  So then, I got growed in your belly.  I growed and I growed and then I was so big.  Then you woke up.  And you woke up because you said to Daddy, 'Baby Patrick is so big a-aa-and he needs to come out.'  Then I was here, and I was a baby a--aaa--and you were so HAPPY because I am so good.  But now I am almost three and you are sometimes mad at me when I pee my pants."

Yep, good job, buddy.  You summed that up nicely.

(Here's the real story, if anyone wants to read it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...