Thursday, March 17, 2011

10 Weeks...Update

So, we're 10 weeks along now, mostly feeling good, but not always.  In fact, at this very moment, I'm updating this blog as a distraction so that I don't 1.) vomit, 2.) dry heave, or 3.) pass out on the couch.  I am now officially "showing" as people who didn't know I was pregnant are now able to tell...or to make such ridiculous remarks as "you either put on a couple of pounds or you're pregnant again."  True story. 

I don't really have much for cravings besides citrus fruits, berries, and sugar-free lifesaver candies.  If you've been to my house recently, the abundance of these things makes that pretty obvious.  Strangely, heavy flavors like chocolate, caramel, toffee, etc. are really unappealing.  That should be good for the scale, at least...which so far, has yet to change.  Let's keep it that way for a while.  As of this week, we should be able to hear a heartbeat with a doppler.  So help me, if we get our hands on one before my next appointment, I'll be trying to find it myself. 

Adam is out of town again this week, but I am now a Spring Work Widow pro.  It's been a breeze (please don't curse me now...two days to go.)  Aside from feeling like %$&@ periodically, we're really in pretty good shape.  The weather was perfect today to open the windows and get some Spring Cleaning done, which was much needed since Indy took the opportunity to show me how much he was missing Adam by puking all over the house last night.  I started my morning by stepping in it.  As you can imagine, this = an instant bout of morning tourettes.

It's almost bedtime...for the boys and for me, sadly.  Three weeks until we're out of this trimester, and hopefully out of this very-tired-kind-of-bleh-feeling stage.  Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...