Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

It's always incredible to me how quickly a year passes.  Here we were just last year:


Technically, I guess these were taken a year ago tomorrow, but it's been a year since Patrick's very pretty tibial spiral fracture.  (I know it sounds weird to say it was pretty, but I saw it light up like a barber pole on the X-ray screen...it was a perfect spiral break.  If you've seen one, you can imagine what I mean.)  In a year, Patrick has healed perfectly, yet still remembers his accident and that little beast who jumped on his leg and broke it.  Also in that year, Patrick got a little brother (born just a couple of weeks after this picture, actually) and was told of another sibling on the way!  Man-oh-man, things change.  They do.

Fast forward 364 days, and here we were today, at the St. Patrick's Day Parade, a first for all of us:





 

And not to leave one out, here is tiny Leo, also enjoying the parade (if by "enjoying," I really mean "tolerating"):


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...