Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Maximum Capacity

I feel as though I have reached my limit.  While it's not likely, that's what it feels like.  With finals around the corner, a child with strep throat (recovering, thankfully!), another coming down with what is probably strep throat, as well, a messy house, a birthday party to plan, and a various and sundry collection of other responsibilities...I'm losing my mind.  Case in point:

Last week, I needed to run to CVS for toiletries.  I took the boys, made a quick trip in and out, came home, unloaded the boys and said toiletries, and went about my day.  All afternoon, I kept looking outside, swearing that I could hear music coming from my driveway.  It sounded like someone had just pulled in.  Nobody was there.  Hm...  It wasn't until going outside to get the mail, six whole hours later, that I realized my car was running in the driveway.  Unlocked.  With the keys in the ignition.  All day.  Thank goodness gas is so cheap.

Fast forward two days.  I am going to school to drop off a project.  Again, I pack up the boys and drive to school.  It wasn't until I parked, 35 minutes later, that I realized I had left my project on the kitchen table.  The drive home included two grumpy kids (hungry and tired), one potty accident, and a bloody nose.  We spent a total of 1.5 hours in the car.  Eventually, it got done.  Again, thank goodness for the current low gas prices.  Whew.

That's not all though.  I do these little things all day long.  I'm constantly having to retrace my steps.  I repeat myself, having forgotten something I just said.  Adam's a trooper and Patrick just thinks I'm the best (really, these days he does.)  Thank goodness for that.  I'd probably never make it if not for those two and the sweet little Leo, who tolerates the worst of me because he has no clue otherwise.

I have reached my maximum capacity.  I can't handle much more.  Between school, starting a new job, and my daily resposibilities of life, it's enough.  I've hit the metaphorical cap.  So I am checking out.  Between now and July 29th, my responsibilities have to revolve only around the necessities.  That is, I can only do what I need to do to get by.  Nothing more.  There is literally no room.  In advance, I'm sorry if I disappoint or upset anyone by becoming a hermit.  I just need to maintain until this summer.  I'm sure you (that being family, mostly) can understand.  If not, I'm begging that you will.  Give me 12 weeks, and I'll be back!  That's a promise! 

(Note: That is not to say I won't continue to update this blog.  I will.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...