Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's hard to believe that our Sweet Baby Leo is almost one.  No, really...this one actually snuck up on me.  Since his birthday falls the weekend before my finals, we'll be celebrating next weekend (sorry, Leo, but we got you a special surprise to make up for it!  And if your Dad hurts himself on it, it's his own fault.  Don't ever let him blame you.  He can be reckless.  You probably know that already.)  In the meantime, let's reminisce for a second.  Here we were about a year ago:

Leo: This picture was taken when I was just over 37 weeks pregnant, about a week before you were born. 

And to celebrate your impending arrival, your dad and I took a little trip by ourselves...


And during this trip, we decided on your name.  While we didn't know who you were just yet, the name we chose for you was my favorite of them all, boy or girl.  I used to say it out loud to myself or write it repeatedly in my notebooks.  In fact, I still do.  I love it, but I love that it's yours even more.


If I have a monument in this world, it is my son. 
(Well, both of you, really.)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...